UIP General Council Elections
Please see information below regarding the UIP General Councile Elections.
At the UIP General Council meeting that will take place during the UIP World Congress in Melbourne in February 2018, elections will be held for:
- the UIP Officer positions (President, Treasurer, General Secretary, Assistant General Secretary, 5 Vice Presidents)
- newly created chair of the Education and Certification Committee (following the formation of the committee)
- newly created chair of the Scientific Standardization Committee (following the formation of the committee)
The current list of individuals whose society has proposed them for UIP officer positions as of July 2017 is as follows:
- President: Kurosh Parsi (ACP)
- Treasurer: Paul Thibault (ACP)
- General Secretary: Pier Luigi Antignani (Italian College of Phlebology)
- Assistant General Secretary: Alavaro Orrego (Chile), Malay Patel (VAI)
- Vice Presidents: Jean Luc Gillet (French Society of Phlebology), Shoaib Padaria (VAI), Lorenzo Tessari (Italian College), Shenming Wang (Chinese Association of Phlebology), Alun Davies (UK Venous Forum)
The deadline for nominations is 4 October, 2017 at 23:59 GMT.
In addition, a recommendation by the Executive Committee will be brought forward to re-structure the UIP World Congresses. The details were explained in the last 2 UIP newsletters and the proposal can be seen here.
This recommendation will be among the first items to be voted upon during the GC meeting in Melbourne. If it is approved, those societies wishing to bid for the 2021 World Congress will present a bid under the new structure as well as the current structure.
The deadline for presenting a bid for the 2021 World Congress is 4 October, 2017 at 23:59 GMT.